- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
Lamb and bocconcini
- 1 large (350g) red capsicum
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 150g lamb leg steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 gram bocconcini, sliced thinly
- baby rocket leaves, optional, to serve
- lemon wedges, optional, to serve
Lamb, bocconcini and gremolata stacks
- 1To make gremolata, combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- 2Preheat grill. Quarter capsicum, discard seeds and membranes. Roast under grill, skin-side up, until it blisters and blackens. Cover in plastic or paper for 5 minutes; peel off skin; slice thickly. Combine capsicum and juice in a small bowl.
- 3Using meat mallet, gently pound lamb between sheets of plastic wrap until 1cm-thick. Heat oil in large frying pan; cook lamb, in batches, until cooked as desired. Place lamb on oven tray.
- 4Divide capsicum and bocconcini among lamb steaks; grill about 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve stacks sprinkled with gremolata, baby rocket leaves and lemon wedges, if desired.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy loaf cake recipes for morning teaYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best Asian-inspired vegetarian recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- RatatouilleYesterday 6:11am
- Healthy lunch ideas you'll actually be excited to eatYesterday 5:43am
- Easy cheesecake slicesAug 11, 2020
- Sugar-free recipesAug 11, 2020
- 20 traditional Australian recipesAug 11, 2020
- Dark and dreamy chocolate cakeAug 11, 2020
- Melting momentsAug 09, 2020
- Chai-roasted pumpkin soup with honey walnutsAug 09, 2020
- 20 Australian biscuits from our childhoodsAug 09, 2020
- Lemon curd and poppy seed crêpe cakeAug 09, 2020
- White sauceAug 09, 2020
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyAug 09, 2020
- Easy capsicum recipesAug 09, 2020
- Beef stroganoffAug 09, 2020