- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
Lamb and bocconcini
- 1 large (350g) red capsicum
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 150g lamb leg steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 gram bocconcini, sliced thinly
- baby rocket leaves, optional, to serve
- lemon wedges, optional, to serve
Lamb, bocconcini and gremolata stacks
- 1To make gremolata, combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- 2Preheat grill. Quarter capsicum, discard seeds and membranes. Roast under grill, skin-side up, until it blisters and blackens. Cover in plastic or paper for 5 minutes; peel off skin; slice thickly. Combine capsicum and juice in a small bowl.
- 3Using meat mallet, gently pound lamb between sheets of plastic wrap until 1cm-thick. Heat oil in large frying pan; cook lamb, in batches, until cooked as desired. Place lamb on oven tray.
- 4Divide capsicum and bocconcini among lamb steaks; grill about 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve stacks sprinkled with gremolata, baby rocket leaves and lemon wedges, if desired.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateYesterday 1:00pm
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoYesterday 1:00pm
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020
- Three-ingredient plum tartJan 15, 2020
- Linguine with garlic prawnsJan 15, 2020
- Lamb kofta with yoghurtJan 15, 2020
- Scone recipesJan 15, 2020