- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 700 gram trimmed lamb rump steaks, cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 medium brown onion (150g), chopped coarsely
- 4 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 clove garlic, sliced thinly
- 3 teaspoon mexican chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 285 gram jar whole roasted piquillo peppers, drained, chopped coarsely
- 410 gram canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 cup (500ml) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1/2 cup (85g) seeded prunes, halved
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
- 1Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over high heat; cook lamb, in batches, until browned all over. Remove from pan.
- 2Heat remaining oil in same pan; cook onion, ginger and garlic, stirring, until softened. Add chilli powder, oregano and ground spices; cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- 3Return lamb to pan with thyme, bay leaves, peppers, tomatoes, stock and the water; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 1½ hours. Uncover; add prunes, simmer for 20 minutes or until lamb is tender and sauce has thickened.
- 4Discard thyme and bay leaves. Season to taste; serve lamb topped with coriander.
Serve with grilled corn tortillas and lime wedges. Complete recipe to the end of step 3. Pack into freezer-proof containers, leaving a 2.5cm (1 inch) space to allow for expansion. Seal, label and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge. Reheat in a saucepan or microwave on medium power (50%) until heated through, then continue from step 4.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Gluten-free raspberry and lemon syrup cakeToday 6:02am
- 21 beautiful baked salmon recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten-free smoky chicken and corn pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Classic beef lasagneYesterday 2:00pm
- Baked lemon and coconut tartYesterday 2:00pm
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyYesterday 2:00pm
- Leek and mushroom lasagneYesterday 2:00pm
- Lasagne recipe collectionYesterday 2:00pm
- 29 brilliant ways with broccoliniYesterday 2:00pm
- Traditional Greek recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- 27 gluten-free dinnersYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best spaghetti bologneseYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinYesterday 2:00pm
- Chocolate indulgence cakeYesterday 2:00pm