Lamb and silverbeet cannelloni
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium (150g) brown onion, chopped coarsely
- 2 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 500 gram minced lamb or beef
- 2 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 bunch (500g) silverbeet (swiss chard)
- 250 gram feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup finely shredded fresh mint
- 500 gram jar of pasta sauce
- 12 fresh lasagne sheets
- 1 cup (100g) pizza cheese
Lamb and silver beet cannelloni
- 1Heat half the oil in a large frying pan, add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, until soft. Add mince and 2 teaspoons of the oregano; stir until cooked through. Remove from pan.
- 2Finely slice silverbeet stems and leaves separately. Heat remaining oil in the same pan, add stems. Cook, stirring, until tender. Add leaves. Cook, stirring, until soft. Remove from heat. Stir in feta, rind, mint and mince mixture. Season with salt and black pepper.
- 3Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Spread 1/4 cup of pasta sauce into the base of a 30cm x 20cm shallow ovenproof dish.
- 4Cut each lasagne sheet into thirds. Place 1/2 cup of mince mixture along length of each sheet and roll up to form a tube. Arrange filled tubes on the tomato sauce in the dish. Top evenly with remaining pasta sauce.
- 5Sprinkle with pizza cheese. Bake for 45 minutes or until pasta is tender. Serve with side salad, if desired.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Carrot cake with cream cheese frostingYesterday 11:22pm
- Lamb kofta with cucumber yoghurtYesterday 11:00pm
- Creamy salmon gnocchiYesterday 1:00pm
- 20 of our best gnocchi recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy hot cross bunsApr 01, 2020
- Gluten-free banana breadApr 01, 2020
- Fluffy buttermilk pancakesApr 01, 2020
- Chicken, pumpkin and apricot tagineApr 01, 2020
- Salted honeycombApr 01, 2020
- Tuna mornayApr 01, 2020
- Flourless cakesMar 31, 2020
- White sauceMar 31, 2020
- Dinner date recipes to impressMar 31, 2020
- The big chocolate cookieMar 31, 2020
- Princess-themed birthday cakesMar 31, 2020
- 100 years of Australian dinnersMar 31, 2020