Lamb and silverbeet cannelloni
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium (150g) brown onion, chopped coarsely
- 2 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 500 gram minced lamb or beef
- 2 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 bunch (500g) silverbeet (swiss chard)
- 250 gram feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup finely shredded fresh mint
- 500 gram jar of pasta sauce
- 12 fresh lasagne sheets
- 1 cup (100g) pizza cheese
Lamb and silver beet cannelloni
- 1Heat half the oil in a large frying pan, add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, until soft. Add mince and 2 teaspoons of the oregano; stir until cooked through. Remove from pan.
- 2Finely slice silverbeet stems and leaves separately. Heat remaining oil in the same pan, add stems. Cook, stirring, until tender. Add leaves. Cook, stirring, until soft. Remove from heat. Stir in feta, rind, mint and mince mixture. Season with salt and black pepper.
- 3Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Spread 1/4 cup of pasta sauce into the base of a 30cm x 20cm shallow ovenproof dish.
- 4Cut each lasagne sheet into thirds. Place 1/2 cup of mince mixture along length of each sheet and roll up to form a tube. Arrange filled tubes on the tomato sauce in the dish. Top evenly with remaining pasta sauce.
- 5Sprinkle with pizza cheese. Bake for 45 minutes or until pasta is tender. Serve with side salad, if desired.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 22 vegetarian lasagne recipesYesterday 6:40am
- Gluten-free raspberry and lemon syrup cakeYesterday 6:02am
- Classic beef lasagneJun 26, 2022
- 29 brilliant ways with broccoliniJun 26, 2022
- Our best spaghetti bologneseJun 26, 2022
- Leek and mushroom lasagneJun 26, 2022
- 21 beautiful baked salmon recipesJun 26, 2022
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinJun 26, 2022
- Traditional Greek recipesJun 26, 2022
- Gluten-free smoky chicken and corn pieJun 26, 2022
- Roast beef with yorkshire puddingsJun 26, 2022
- 27 gluten-free dinnersJun 26, 2022
- Lasagne recipe collectionJun 26, 2022
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelJun 26, 2022