Kung pao chicken
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoon hot water
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 500 gram chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, sliced
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded ginger
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, sliced
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- steamed rice, to serve
- steamed chinese broccoli, to serve
Kung pao chicken
- 1In a jug, combine hoisin sauce, oyster sauce and hot water. Set aside.
- 2In a wok or large frying pan, heat half oil on high. Stir-fry chicken in 3 batches 2-3 minutes each until golden. Transfer to a bowl.
- 3Add capsicum, three-quarters onion, ginger and garlic. Stir-fry 1 minute.
- 4Return chicken to wok with sauce mixture. Stir-fry 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- 5Serve chicken on a bed of steamed rice topped with remaining green onion and cashews. Accompany with Chinese broccoli.
Chinese broccoli is known as gai lan.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeToday 5:19am
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019