- 1 large kumara (orange sweet potato) (500g)
- ½ cup (35g) panko (japanese) breadcrumbs
- 1 cup (80g) grated parmesan
- 2 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 80 grams butter, chopped
- ⅓ cup lightly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped finely
- 2 tablespons finely chopped fresh chives
- 6 portobello mushrooms (480g)
- 150 grams baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup (20g) shaved parmesan
- 1 medium lemon (140g), cut into wedges
- 1Coarsely grate kumara; squeeze out excess liquid. Combine kumara with breadcrumbs, grated parmesan, egg, half the garlic and 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large bowl; season.
- 2Line a 24cm (9½-inch) non-stick frying pan with baking paper. Add kumara mixture, pressing down firmly and evenly to cover base of pan; cook, covered, over medium heat 10 minutes or until browned underneath and kumara is almost tender. Slide rösti onto a flat plate; invert pan over rösti then turn pan and rösti over. Cook further 8 minutes or until rösti is browned underneath and cooked through.
- 3Meanwhile, preheat oiled grill pan (or barbecue).
- 4Stir butter, herbs and remaining garlic in a small saucepan, over low heat, until just melted.
- 5Peel mushrooms; trim stalks to 1cm (½-inch). Brush a little of the butter mixture on both sides of mushrooms; season. Cook mushrooms in grill pan, 2 minutes each side or until browned and tender.
- 6Cut rösti into wedges and divide between plates; top with spinach and mushrooms, then drizzle with remaining butter mixture. Top with shaved parmesan; serve with lemon wedges.
Kumara turns brown when cut so it's best to grate it just before you use it. If you have a scratch-free non-stick pan, you won't need to line it with baking paper.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salad of roasted beetroot with goat's cheese and walnutsYesterday 2:00pm
- Iced vovosYesterday 2:00pm
- Salmon pattiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Sri Lankan potato and pea curryYesterday 1:36am
- Japanese katsu chicken curryYesterday 1:24am
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021