- 1 cup (280g) greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
Kumara and chickpea loaf
- 1 kilogram kumara (sweet potato), peeled, chopped
- 3 slice stale mixed grain bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup (75g) unsalted roasted cashews
- 400 gram can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 2 green onions (green shallots), sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 3 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
Kumara and chickpea loaf with mint raita
- 1Steam or microwave kumara until tender; drain. Cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- 2Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a 11cm x 25cm loaf pan; line base and long sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm over long sides.
- 3Blend or process the bread and cashews until coarsely chopped. Add the breadcrumb mixture to the kumara with chickpeas, coriander, onion, cumin and eggs.
- 4Heat the mustard seeds in a small frying pan until they begin to pop; add to kumara mixture with salt and pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly to combine.
- 5Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for about 50 minutes or until browned and firm to touch. Stand 10 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, to make raita, combine yogurt, mint and lemon rind in a small bowl.
- 7Turn loaf out of pan; cut into thick slices. Serve with raita.
Not suitable to freeze. Kumara suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021