Korma curry meatballs
- 1.5 kilograms (3lb) lean minced (ground) lamb
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ⅔ cup finely chopped coriander leaves and stems, plus extra leaves, to serve
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion (150g), chopped finely
- ½ cup (150g) korma curry paste
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- 2 400g (12½oz) cans cherry tomatoes
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 300 ml thickened (heavy) cream
- natural flaked almonds, roasted, to serve (optional)
Korma curry meatballs
- 1Combine lamb, spices, garlic and coriander in a bowl; season.
Roll rounded tablespoons of lamb mixture into balls (makes
around 50 kofta).
- 2Heat half the oil in a 5 litre (20-cup) cast iron or other flameproof casserole dish (see tip). Cook kofta, in batches,
turning, for 5 minutes or until browned all over; transfer each
batch to a tray.
- 3Heat remaining oil in same dish, reduce heat to low; cook onion, stirring for 3 minutes or until softened. Add korma paste; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add stock, tomatoes and cinnamon; bring to the boil over medium-high heat.
- 4Return kofta to dish; cover with a tight-fitting lid. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour. Uncover; simmer for a further 15 minutes or until sauce reduces slightly. Stir in cream; season to taste.
- 5Serve curry topped with almonds and extra coriander leaves.
Serve with steamed basmati rice.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Passionfruit curd teacakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Kimchi and cheese toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooked pork in ginger beerYesterday 2:00pm
- Pearl couscous ‘kedgeree’Yesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker bolognese sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Mixed bean, spinach and paneer rogan joshYesterday 2:00pm
- Rigatoni with zucchini and chilliYesterday 2:00pm
- Vanilla sliceJun 17, 2021
- ShortbreadJun 17, 2021
- Baked custardJun 17, 2021
- Beef massamanJun 17, 2021
- Coconut pumpkin soup made in your slow cookerJun 17, 2021
- Steak and spuds with salsa verdeJun 17, 2021
- Rainbow bibimbap bowlsJun 16, 2021
- 22 easy dinner recipesJun 16, 2021