Korean beef lettuce cups
- 1 fresh long red chilli, chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped lemon grass
- 2 clove garlic, halved
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 teaspoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 150 gram lean beef sirloin steak, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (100g) low-gi brown rice (doongara)
- 2 teaspoon rice bran oil
- 6 large_piece butter lettuce leaves (50g)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup firmly packed fresh coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1/2 cup (40g) bean sprouts, trimmed
- 1 fresh long red chilli, chopped finely
- 1 small_piece carrot (70g), cut into matchsticks
- 1 1/2 cup (120g) shredded green cabbage
- 2 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
Korean beef lettuce cups with pickled vegetables
- 1Blend or process chilli, lemon grass, garlic, ginger, the water and half the sauce until smooth. Combine chilli mixture and beef in a small bowl. Cover; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2Cook rice in a medium saucepan of boiling water, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes or until tender; drain well.
- 3Meanwhile, make pickled vegetables, combine ingredients in a large bowl. Stand for 30 minutes to soften and develop the flavours.
- 4Heat rice bran oil in a wok over high heat; cook beef, in batches, for 30 seconds or until browned all over.
- 5Spoon rice into lettuce leaves, top with some of the pickled vegetables, then some of the beef. Combine remaining sauce and sesame oil; drizzle over beef. Sprinkle with coriander and sprouts.
Freeze beef slightly to make it easier to cut into thin slices. Remove seeds from chilli for a milder heat.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- ColeslawYesterday 1:00pm
- Honey soy nutsYesterday 1:00pm
- Millionaire's shortbreadYesterday 6:08am
- Christmas celebration salad with maple dressingYesterday 3:33am
- Spinach dip cob loafDec 08, 2019
- Spiced sweet potato tartDec 08, 2019
- Sweet potato, mint and goat’s cheese tartletsDec 08, 2019
- Mushroom and spinach bruschettaDec 08, 2019
- Chocolate hazelnut ice-cream pandoroDec 08, 2019
- Asparagus with crisp lentils and herb yoghurtDec 08, 2019
- A very vegetarian ChristmasDec 06, 2019
- Crispy roast potatoes with rosemary saltDec 05, 2019
- 34 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealDec 05, 2019