- 375 gram packet kataifi shredded pastry
- 185 gram butter, melted
- 2 cup (400 grams) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup (150 grams) dried apricots, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup (125 millilitres) yoghurt
- 2 tablespoon maple-flavoured syrup
- 1 1/2 cup (375 millilitres) water
- 1 3/4 cup (385 grams) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 millilitres) maple-flavoured syrup
- 1 tablespoon orange flower water
- 1Grease 4-litre (16-cup) shallow ovenproof dish, line base with baking paper.
- 2Make syrup.
- 3In large bowl, pull strands of pastry apart; pour butter over pastry, mix well. Place half the pastry mixture over base of prepared dish. Spread combined remaining ingredients over pastry.
- 4Top with remaining pastry. Bake, uncovered, in moderate oven about 30 minutes or until browned. Pour hot syrup immediately over pastry; cool. Cover; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- 5In a medium saucepan, combine ingredients; stir over heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves. Simmer, uncovered, without stirring, about 15 minutes or until mixture has thickened slightly.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rhubarb and raspberry crostataToday 1:56am
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafToday 1:50am
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeYesterday 6:00pm
- Coq au vinYesterday 5:00pm
- Savoury mince pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- Miso beef short rib & pumpkin hotpotYesterday 2:00pm
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesYesterday 5:10am
- 18 beautiful baked salmon recipesJul 13, 2020
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceJul 13, 2020
- Traditional minestroneJul 13, 2020
- 19 homemade muesli bars and snack barsJul 13, 2020
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotJul 13, 2020
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesJul 13, 2020
- Fennel recipesJul 13, 2020
- Tuna mornayJul 13, 2020