- 350 grams (11 ounces) kohlrabi, shredded
- 200 grams (6 ounces) kumara (orange sweet potato), grated coarsely
- 1/4 cup (40g) brown rice flour
- 3 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped
- 1/4 cup (35g) LSA (see tips)
- 3 free-range egg whites
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup (120g) dry roasted cashews
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves, shredded finely
- 1Make cashew dip: Soak cashews in water for 3 hours; drain. Place drained cashews in a high-powered blender with garlic, rind, juice and the water; blend until smooth. Season to taste. Just before serving, stir in mint.
- 2Combine kohlrabi, kumara, brown rice flour, green onion, coriander, LSA and combined egg whites and the water; mix well. Season. Shape mixture into 8 portions.
- 3Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat; cook rösti, in two batches, for 5 minutes each side or until golden.
- 4Serve rösti with cashew dip.
You will need to soak the cashews for the dip in water for 3 hours before you start this recipe. LSA is a ground mixture of linseeds (L), sunflower seeds (S) and almonds (A); available from supermarkets and health food stores. Rösti can be made a day ahead; store, covered, in the fridge.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsToday 8:00pm
- Lamington popsToday 1:00pm
- Green minestrone with pestoYesterday 1:00pm
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasYesterday 1:00pm
- Paper cup popsiclesYesterday 1:00pm
- Grilled cajun fish burgers with hot coriander sauceYesterday 12:46am
- Pimm's punchJan 22, 2020
- Vegetable and ginger soba noodle saladJan 21, 2020
- Chilli con carneJan 21, 2020
- What's in season in January?Jan 20, 2020
- Chilli con capsicumJan 19, 2020
- Gai lan and mushroom five-spice stir-fryJan 19, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020