The fresh flavours of kiwi, lime and basil combine beautifully to create a delightfully tangy frozen dessert. Perfect for the warmer months.
Looking for more desserts with kiwi?
- 10 medium ripe green kiwifruit (850g), peeled, chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ cup (125ml) light agave syrup
- ⅓ cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves, chopped coarsely
- ⅓ cup (80ml) buttermilk
- 2 green kiwifruit (170g), extra, chopped coarsely
- 2 gold kiwifruit (170g), chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons small fresh basil leaves, extra
- 1Blend or process green kiwifruit, juice, agave, basil and buttermilk until smooth. Churn in an ice-cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.
- 2Spoon sherbet into a 1-litre (4-cup) loaf pan. Cover; freeze for 4 hours or overnight until firm.
- 3Serve scoops of sherbet topped with extra green kiwifruit, gold kiwifruit and extra basil.
Freeze the loaf pan or container while the sherbet is churning so that it doesn't melt when transferred.The sherbet can be made a week ahead.Scoop the sherbet into glasses and top with iced green tea.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Lemon butter almond sliceJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022