- 125 gram butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut essence (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 15 cup buttermilk
- 2 gold kiwifruit, skin removed, thinly sliced
- icing sugar, for dusting
- 1Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease a 20cm round cake pan. Line base and sides with baking paper.
- 2In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar and essence until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3Fold in combined flour and coconut alternately with buttermilk, until combined.
- 4Spoon mixture into prepared pan, smoothing top. Arrange kiwifruit slices over top.
- 5Bake for 35-40 minutes until cake is cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar.
If liked, chop a kiwifruit and blend it into the cake mixture. This cake freezes well.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafYesterday 1:50am
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Spiced fish tacos with slaw and avocado creamSep 24, 2020
- Rosé sangriaSep 23, 2020
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeSep 23, 2020
- Gluten-free treats and baked goodsSep 23, 2020
- Beef rissoles and mashSep 23, 2020
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingSep 23, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesSep 23, 2020
- Easy choc-chip biscuit recipesSep 23, 2020
- Barbecued salmon with salsa criollaSep 23, 2020