- 125 gram butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup or treacle
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
Milk chocolate ganache
- 185 gram milk eating chocolate, chopped coarsley
- 30 gram butter
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease oven trays; line with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter, sugar and syrup in small bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in sifted flour, coconut and oats.
- 3Roll rounded teaspoons of mixture into balls; place about 5cm (2 inches) apart on trays. Flatten with fork. Bake about 12 minutes; cool on trays.
- 4Meanwhile, make milk chocolate ganache: Stir chocolate and butter in small heatproof bowl over small saucepan of simmering water until smooth; cool until spreadable.
- 5Sandwich biscuits with ganache; refrigerate until firm.
Quick-cooking oats are thinner than rolled oats, so they absorb more liquid and cook faster. Store finished biscuits in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.