- 1¼ cups (185g) plain flour
- ½ cup (75g) self-raising flour
- pinch bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup (140g) natural yoghurt
- ⅓ cup (80ml) water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1½ cups (150g) grated mozzarella
- 2 cups (450g) kimchi, drained
- 1½ cups (185g) grated gruyère cheese
- 1 lebanese cucumber (130g), cut into long thin ribbons
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1Sift flours, soda and sugar into a large bowl; stir in green onion, seeds, salt and pepper. Combine yoghurt, the water and half the oil in a jug. Pour yoghurt mixture into dry ingredients; stir to combine. Knead dough on a floured surface for 5 minutes or until smooth. Cover; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2Divide dough into six portions. Roll each portion on a floured surface into oval shapes about 2mm thick and 25cm long. Brush dough with remaining oil; cook on a heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) for 2 minutes each side or until flatbreads are golden and cooked through.
- 3Place ¼ cup of the mozzarella on one half of each flatbread; top each with ⅓ cup of the kimchi, then ¼ cup of the gruyère. Fold flatbread over filling. Cook flatbreads on a heated oiled grill plate for 1 minute each side or until cheeses melt.
- 4Serve toasties warm or cooled with cucumber and herbs.
For the kids, you can leave out the kimchi and use sliced tomato instead.
You can use a sandwich press to cook toasties, if you like.Some cheeses may contain animal rennet; check labels carefully for
non-animal rennet cheeses, which are now widely available in supermarkets.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeToday 3:00am
- 40 cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- 20 of our tastiest savoury tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- 40 warming sweet and savoury recipes for your pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Custard tartJul 22, 2021
- 20 beautiful bundt cakesJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make apple pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021