- 85 gram packet blueberry jelly
- 1 1/2 x 450g packaged double unfilled sponge slabs
- 2 x 453g tubs vanilla frosting
- green food colouring
- 3 x 300g packets spearmint leaves, halved
- 6 teeth lollies
- 2 brown m&m's
- 1 white marshmallow, halved crossways
- 1 centimetre piece licorice twist, halved crossways
- 4 white milk bottles
- 1Make jelly following packet instructions. Pour into large 35cm x 45cm shallow plastic tray; refrigerate 1 hour or until set.
- 2Position cakes, side-by-side, short ends together. Using a small serrated knife, trim the cakes into a crocodile shape. Use cake off-cuts to make legs. Position cakes on jelly.
- 3Tint frosting green; carefully spread frosting all over top and sides of cake.
- 4Using picture as a guide, position mint leaves, cut-side up, over crocodile's body.
- 5Using kitchen scissors, cut small wedges from the teeth lollies to create pointy teeth; position around mouth. Secure two M&M's on the end of the nose for nostrils. Secure marshmallow on the top of the head for eyes, then attach the licorice slices with a little frosting for pupils.
- 6Cut tops from milk bottles; cut each milk bottle into three lengthways. Position on legs as claws.
If you don't like spearmint leaves, use green racing car lollies or green jubes for scales as an alternative. If using butter cream instead of the vanilla frosting, you will need 2 quantities of butter cream (see page 110). You will need 3 sponge slabs for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nectarine and almond tartFeb 21, 2019
- Sugar-free chocolate cakeFeb 20, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Gluten-free hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Best ever choc-chip hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019