Key lime pie
- 150 gram granita biscuits
- 80 gram butter, melted
- 4 egg yolks
- 400 gram can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime rind
- 1/2 cup (125ml) lime juice
- 300 millilitre thickened cream, whipped
Key lime pie
- 1Preheat oven to moderate (180°C/160°C fan-forced).
- 2Process biscuits until fine. Transfer to a bowl; stir in butter. Press mixture over base and side of a 23cm pie plate. Place plate on oven tray and bake for 10 minutes or until browned lightly. Cool.
- 3Beat egg yolks in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. On low speed, add condensed milk, rind and juice.
- 4Pour the mixture into prepared crust. Bake for about 12 minutes or until just set. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until required. Remove pie from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
- 5Cut pie into wedges. Serve with whipped cream and extra lime rind, if desired.
This recipe traditionally uses key limes. Suitable to freeze. Butter suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 25 pasta recipesToday 2:08am
- Slow-cooker butter chickenYesterday 5:00pm
- Chocolate crackle sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- 18 vegetarian stews and casserolesYesterday 2:00pm
- Butter chicken puff pastry hand piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy recipes to bake with your little onesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemonade sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- Caprese saladJul 01, 2022
- 43 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertJul 01, 2022
- What food is in season in July?Jun 30, 2022
- Preserved lemon, mint and raisin couscous saladJun 30, 2022
- Nacho bowlsJun 30, 2022
- Rhubarb and strawberry sponge puddingsJun 30, 2022
- Tomato-braised lamb shanks with creamy polentaJun 30, 2022
- 18 gorgeous green curriesJun 30, 2022