Key lime pie
- 150 gram granita biscuits
- 80 gram butter, melted
- 4 egg yolks
- 400 gram can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime rind
- 1/2 cup (125ml) lime juice
- 300 millilitre thickened cream, whipped
Key lime pie
- 1Preheat oven to moderate (180°C/160°C fan-forced).
- 2Process biscuits until fine. Transfer to a bowl; stir in butter. Press mixture over base and side of a 23cm pie plate. Place plate on oven tray and bake for 10 minutes or until browned lightly. Cool.
- 3Beat egg yolks in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. On low speed, add condensed milk, rind and juice.
- 4Pour the mixture into prepared crust. Bake for about 12 minutes or until just set. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until required. Remove pie from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
- 5Cut pie into wedges. Serve with whipped cream and extra lime rind, if desired.
This recipe traditionally uses key limes. Suitable to freeze. Butter suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Our best Italian recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon chicken casseroleYesterday 1:00pm
- 29 American-style diner recipes for weekend entertainingYesterday 6:23am
- Cinnamon doughnutsYesterday 4:17am
- Chicken cacciatoreYesterday 3:00am
- Chilli jamYesterday 2:14am
- Garlic breadYesterday 1:00am
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allYesterday 12:51am
- Chocolate cupcake thickshakeYesterday 12:39am
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJan 18, 2022
- Quinoa zucchini haloumi burgersJan 18, 2022
- BaklavaJan 18, 2022
- Chocolate hazelnut sliceJan 18, 2022
- Chocolate fudge browniesJan 18, 2022