- 3 large zucchini (450g), grated coarsely
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cavolo nero (tuscan cabbage) leaves (30g), trimmed, shredded finely
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup (40g) wholemeal plain flour
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 free-range eggs, beaten lightly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 small beetroot (beets) (300g), peeled, sliced thinly (see tips)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 100 grams fetta, crumbled
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon honey
- 1Combine zucchini and salt in a colander; stand in the sink for 10 minutes to drain. Using your hands, squeeze excess liquid from zucchini. Place zucchini in a medium bowl with cavolo nero, mint, flour, garlic and egg; season. Mix well to combine.
- 2Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Pour ¼-cups of mixture into pan, flatten slightly; cook for 5 minutes each side or until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towel; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture to make a total of eight fritters.
- 3Meanwhile, combine beetroot and vinegar in a bowl; season. Stand for 5 minutes. Drain; reserve pickling liquid for honey dressing.
- 4Make honey dressing. Whisk ingredients with reserved pickling liquid in a small bowl until combined.
- 5Arrange fritters, beetroot, fetta and mint on serving plate. Serve drizzled with dressing and sprinkled with sunflower seeds.
Use a mandoline or V-slicer to slice the beetroot very thinly. Cooked fritters can be frozen; reheat for a quick breakfast option.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeToday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesYesterday 10:21pm
- Baked cauliflowerYesterday 2:00pm
- Sensational sweet tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect panna cotta recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021