- 2 teaspoon red curry paste
- 4 shredded kaffir lime leaves
- 2 coriander roots (cilantro) with 1cm of stem, bruised
- 1 fresh long red chilli, sliced finely
- 2 x 200g firm boneless white fish fillets, skin on
- 1 small kumara (250g), cut into 1cm thick slices
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon red quinoa
- 2 teaspoon light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 1Combine paste, lime leaves, coriander roots and stems, and half the chilli in a small bowl. Rub fish fillets with mixture; cover, refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- 2Preheat oven to 220°C.
- 3Place kumara in a small saucepan, cover with cold water; bring to the boil, simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until just tender, drain.
- 4Cut two pieces of foil 50cm x 30cm; place on work surface, shiny-side up. Lay two 48cm x 30cm pieces of baking paper over foil.
- 5Divide kumara and fish mixture between paper, drizzle with juice. Fold foil over to completely enclose fish and kumara.
- 6Place fish parcels on a large baking tray. Bake parcels for 15 minutes or until fish is cooked through. Discard coriander roots and stems.
- 7Meanwhile, rinse and drain quinoa well. Place in a small saucepan, cover with water; bring to the boil, boil for 10 minutes or until tender, drain.
- 8Serve fish with quinoa; top with coconut milk, remaining chilli and coriander leaves.
We used snapper for this recipe. The parcels can be made to the end of step 5 and refrigerated for up to 1 day in advance. Heat reflects off the shiny side of aluminium foil, so having the shiny side facing into the parcel ensures maximum heat penetrating the fish.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apple and cinnamon crunch cake with cinnamon anglaiseYesterday 2:00pm
- Carrot falafelYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish delightYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced tofu bao with pineapple cucumber saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Zucchini koftas with harissa yoghurtYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 easy apple crumble recipes for dessertYesterday 2:00pm
- Crispy middle-eastern seed and spice potatoesYesterday 2:00pm
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pork sausage and asparagus frittataYesterday 2:00pm
- Ratatouille stewMay 14, 2021
- Aussie damperMay 14, 2021
- 22 Indian recipesMay 13, 2021
- Brown rice and mushroom bowl with dukkah eggsMay 13, 2021
- Porridge recipes to warm up your morningsMay 13, 2021