Julie's carrot cake
- 2 large carrots (360g), peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (110g) pecans
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 2/3 cup (160ml) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1/3 cup (200g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 50 gram cream cheese
- 40 gram butter, softened
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 cup (320g) icing sugar
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
Julie's carrot cake
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a deep 20cm square cake pan; line base with baking paper.
- 2Process carrots in a food processor until finely chopped; transfer to a large bowl. Process pecans until coarsely chopped; add to carrot.
- 3Process eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla for a few seconds or until combined; add to carrot mixture. Stir in sifted dry ingredients. Pour mixture into prepared pan; bake for about 45 minutes or until cooked when tested. Stand 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
- 4To make lemon frosting, beat cream cheese, butter and rind in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in sifted icing sugar and juice until combined. Spread on top of cake.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rhubarb and raspberry crostataToday 1:56am
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafToday 1:50am
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeYesterday 6:00pm
- Coq au vinYesterday 5:00pm
- Savoury mince pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesYesterday 5:10am
- 18 beautiful baked salmon recipesJul 13, 2020
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceJul 13, 2020
- Traditional minestroneJul 13, 2020
- 19 homemade muesli bars and snack barsJul 13, 2020
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotJul 13, 2020
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesJul 13, 2020
- Fennel recipesJul 13, 2020
- Tuna mornayJul 13, 2020
- Homemade muesli barsJul 12, 2020