- 2 medium (480g) oranges
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 1/4 cup (185g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar, extra
- 1/4 cup (45g) dark choc bits
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1 egg
- 40 gram unsalted butter, melted
- 200 gram dark chocolate, chopped finely
- 50 gram unsalted butter, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1Finely grate the rind from one of the oranges. Squeeze the juice from the orange. Thinly slice the remaining orange.
- 2Place the orange juice and sugar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir, without boiling, until the sugar is dissolved. Add the orange slices and bring to the boil. Boil, uncovered, for about 7 minutes or until quite thick and syrupy. Remove the pan from the heat.
- 3To make the pancakes, sift the flour and a pinch of salt into a medium bowl and stir in the extra sugar, orange rind and choc bits. Make a well in the centre.
- 4Combine lemon juice and milk in a jug; whisk well. Whisk in egg until combined, then gradually whisk into the flour mixture until smooth.
- 5Heat a small frying pan over medium-low heat and brush with a little of the butter. Pour ¼ cup of the batter into the pan. Cook until bubbles form on the surface and the pancake is golden underneath. Turn and cook until browned lightly and cooked through. Repeat with the remaining butter and batter.
- 6Meanwhile, make chocolate sauce: Combine the chocolate, butter and water in a small heavy-based saucepan. Stir over low heat until just melted and smooth.
- 7Serve the pancakes and candied orange slices drizzled with some of the syrup and chocolate sauce.
Pancakes suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneYesterday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesYesterday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019