- 2 x 340 gram packets butter cake mix
- 1 quantity butter cream
- 250 gram coloured cake sprinkles in different, separated colours
- 125 gram butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup (240 grams) icing sugar
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease cake pan; line base with baking paper.
- 2Make cakes according to directions on packets; pour mixture into pan. Bake about 45 minutes. Stand in pan 5 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto a wire rack to cool.
- 3Make butter cream: In a small bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer until as white as possible; beat in sifted icing sugar and milk in two batches.
- 4Using a serrated knife, level top of cake. Cut jigsaw-shaped pieces from cake.
- 5Keeping colours separate, empty cake sprinkles on to five pieces of baking paper. Work with one jigsaw piece at a time: spread top and the side(s) that will show with butter cream; roll in one of the sprinkle colours then position on cake board; spread a little more butter cream on the un-iced side(s) that will join with the next jigsaw piece. Continue until all pieces are coloured and fitted together.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Homemade mint sauceToday 1:00am
- Roast pork with apple sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaYesterday 1:00pm
- Savoury apple sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- MayonnaiseYesterday 1:00pm
- 32 amazing ways with applesYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 1:00pm
- Jerk chickensYesterday 1:00pm
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toOct 14, 2021
- Ice blocks and popsicles to cool you downOct 14, 2021
- Quiche LorraineOct 13, 2021
- Mixed berry crumbleOct 13, 2021
- Orange cake recipe collectionOct 13, 2021