- 125 gram butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 100 gram packet raspberry jelly crystals
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cup coconut, approximately
- 1Grease gem irons well.
- 2Beat butter, essence and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy; beat in eggs one at a time, beat until combined. Stir in sifted flour and milk. Drop tablespoons of mixture into prepared gem irons. Bake in moderately hot oven for about 15 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Cut rounded tops from cakes.
- 3Beat cream with sifted icing sugar until firm peaks form. Dissolve jelly crystals in boiling water, add cold water; refrigerate until jelly is partly set. Join cakes with cream; dip in jelly, roll in coconut. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
Keeping time: 2 days. You will need a gem iron for this recipe. Gem irons are made from cast iron and are available at kitchenware stores.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 12 easy Japanese dishesYesterday 11:00pm
- Roast lambYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheese delightsYesterday 2:00pm
- Cauliflower cream soup with mushroomsYesterday 2:00pm
- Healthy lunchbox recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Savoury apple sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesecake recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Corned beef silverside with parsley chat potatoesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our favourite family roastsYesterday 2:00pm
- Healthy and tasty low-fat recipesJul 30, 2020
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseJul 30, 2020
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toJul 30, 2020
- Lamb shanks massamanJul 29, 2020
- Healthy banana breadJul 29, 2020
- Sensational savoury piesJul 29, 2020