- 500 g silken-firm tofu
- 500 g microwave brown and wild rice
- 1 cup (150g) frozen shelled edamame (soybeans)
- 50 g snow pea tendrils or shoots
- 1 bunch asparagus (170g), trimmed, sliced thinly lengthways
- 4 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- ¼ cup (70g) pickled pink ginger, shredded
- ½ cup (90g) brown rice flour
- sunflower oil, for shallow-frying
- 2 sheets nori (5g), shredded finely
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup (60ml) light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1Drain tofu and gently press between sheets of paper towel to remove as much moisture as possible.
- 2Make soy dressing.
- 3Reheat rice according to packet directions. Place edamame in a large heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water; stand until thawed. Drain; refresh under cold running water, then return to bowl. Add snow pea tendrils, asparagus, green onion and ginger with dressing; toss well to combine.
- 4Cut tofu into 3cm (1¼in) pieces. Place in a large bowl with rice flour; season with salt and white pepper. Gently turn to coat, taking care not to break up the tofu.
- 5Heat 2cm (¾in) oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat; cook tofu for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on paper towel.
- 6Divide salad among bowls; serve topped with tofu, nori and sesame seeds.
- 7Place ingredients in a screw-top jar; shake well to combine.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 20 indulgent dark chocolate recipesYesterday 9:16pm
- Embrace eggplant with these tasty recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Chopped tomato salad with sesame saltYesterday 1:00pm
- 14 tantalising tiramisu recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Flourless chocolate, prune & hazelnut cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Dark chocolate mud cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Sesame chicken katsu saladFeb 13, 2020
- How to: BarbecueFeb 13, 2020
- Apricot and tahini bliss ballsFeb 13, 2020
- Choc-nut brownie ballsFeb 13, 2020
- Vegetable gado gado with peanut sauceFeb 13, 2020
- Loaded potato saladFeb 13, 2020
- Shepherdless pieFeb 13, 2020