- 500 g silken-firm tofu
- 500 g microwave brown and wild rice
- 1 cup (150g) frozen shelled edamame (soybeans)
- 50 g snow pea tendrils or shoots
- 1 bunch asparagus (170g), trimmed, sliced thinly lengthways
- 4 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- ¼ cup (70g) pickled pink ginger, shredded
- ½ cup (90g) brown rice flour
- sunflower oil, for shallow-frying
- 2 sheets nori (5g), shredded finely
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup (60ml) light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1Drain tofu and gently press between sheets of paper towel to remove as much moisture as possible.
- 2Make soy dressing.
- 3Reheat rice according to packet directions. Place edamame in a large heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water; stand until thawed. Drain; refresh under cold running water, then return to bowl. Add snow pea tendrils, asparagus, green onion and ginger with dressing; toss well to combine.
- 4Cut tofu into 3cm (1¼in) pieces. Place in a large bowl with rice flour; season with salt and white pepper. Gently turn to coat, taking care not to break up the tofu.
- 5Heat 2cm (¾in) oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat; cook tofu for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on paper towel.
- 6Divide salad among bowls; serve topped with tofu, nori and sesame seeds.
- 7Place ingredients in a screw-top jar; shake well to combine.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- RatatouilleToday 6:11am
- Easter lunch recipesToday 12:43am
- Vegetarian eggplant recipesToday 12:20am
- Scone recipesYesterday 11:38pm
- PikeletsYesterday 6:00pm
- Gluten-free sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Irish soda bread rollsYesterday 2:00pm
- Delicious cornflake cookies and slicesYesterday 2:00pm
- Easter baking ideasYesterday 2:00pm
- Sausage casseroleYesterday 2:00pm
- Beef bourguignon and potato pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Easter carrot cake with spiced buttercream & caramel sauceYesterday 2:30am
- Melting momentsApr 06, 2020
- Easter bunny cakeApr 06, 2020
- Our best Easter recipesApr 06, 2020