- 12 cooked medium king prawns (shrimp) (540g)
- 2 green onions (scallions)
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup (30g) almond meal
- 250 grams (8oz) butternut pumpkin, grated coarsely
- 1 medium orange sweet potato (400g), grated coarsely
- 1 1/2 cups (120g) shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup (60ml) rice bran oil
- 1/4 cup (75g) Japanese mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon white sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon pickled ginger
- 1Shell and devein prawns, leaving tails intact.
- 2Finely chop one green onion; thinly slice remaining onion.
- 3Whisk eggs, almond meal and the finely chopped onion in a large bowl until combined. Stir in pumpkin, sweet potato and 1 cup of the cabbage; season to taste.
- 4Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Working in batches, spoon ¼ cup measures of mixture into pan; spread slightly. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. You will need a total of 12 hash browns.
- 5Top hash browns with prawns, remaining cabbage and green onion. Drizzle with mayonnaise and sprinkle with combined seeds. Serve with pickled ginger.
The recipe can be made to the end of step 4 several hours ahead. Reheat in a single layer on large trays in a 180°C/350°F oven for 10 minutes before continuing at step 5.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Crisp-skin barramundi with mandarin salsaToday 6:51am
- Mandarin marmaladeToday 6:41am
- Mandarin and chai soufflesToday 5:13am
- Mandarin and cardamom gluten-free muesliYesterday 8:00pm
- Mandarin and poppy seed friandsYesterday 5:00pm
- Jam dropsMay 15, 2019
- Cottage pieMay 15, 2019
- Slow cooker soup recipesMay 15, 2019
- Apple pieMay 14, 2019
- Cuban black bean soup in the slow cookerMay 14, 2019
- Slow cooker vegetable minestroneMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker ribollitaMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker borschtMay 14, 2019
- Ricotta recipes for a delicious dinnerMay 14, 2019
- Almond-crusted turkey parmigianaMay 08, 2019