- 12 cooked medium king prawns (shrimp) (540g)
- 2 green onions (scallions)
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup (30g) almond meal
- 250 grams (8oz) butternut pumpkin, grated coarsely
- 1 medium orange sweet potato (400g), grated coarsely
- 1 1/2 cups (120g) shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup (60ml) rice bran oil
- 1/4 cup (75g) Japanese mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon white sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon pickled ginger
- 1Shell and devein prawns, leaving tails intact.
- 2Finely chop one green onion; thinly slice remaining onion.
- 3Whisk eggs, almond meal and the finely chopped onion in a large bowl until combined. Stir in pumpkin, sweet potato and 1 cup of the cabbage; season to taste.
- 4Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Working in batches, spoon ¼ cup measures of mixture into pan; spread slightly. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. You will need a total of 12 hash browns.
- 5Top hash browns with prawns, remaining cabbage and green onion. Drizzle with mayonnaise and sprinkle with combined seeds. Serve with pickled ginger.
The recipe can be made to the end of step 4 several hours ahead. Reheat in a single layer on large trays in a 180°C/350°F oven for 10 minutes before continuing at step 5.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeYesterday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesMay 06, 2021
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesMay 06, 2021
- What food is in season in May?May 06, 2021
- Baked cauliflowerMay 06, 2021
- Thai beef saladMay 06, 2021
- Perfect panna cotta recipesMay 06, 2021
- Sensational sweet tartsMay 06, 2021
- Apple turnoversMay 06, 2021
- Lemon meringue pieMay 06, 2021
- Fruit mince sliceMay 06, 2021
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021