- 125 gram butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 cup (120g) ground almonds
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup (110g) raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoon apricot jam
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease oven trays; line with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter, extract, sugar and ground almonds in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy; beat in egg. Stir in sifted flour.
- 3Divide rind between both jams; mix well.
- 4Roll level tablespoons of biscuit mixture into balls; place about 5cm apart on oven trays, flatten slightly. Using end of a wooden spoon, press a flower shape (about 1cm deep) into dough; fill each hole with a little jam, using apricot jam for centres of flowers.
- 5Bake biscuits about 15 minutes; cool on trays.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toOct 14, 2021
- Quiche LorraineOct 13, 2021
- Mixed berry crumbleOct 13, 2021
- Seafood chowderOct 13, 2021
- Orange cake recipe collectionOct 13, 2021
- Kumara pancakes with maple yoghurtOct 13, 2021
- 34 fabulous friand recipesOct 13, 2021
- 25 ravioli recipesOct 13, 2021
- Creamy chicken kormaOct 13, 2021
- Kumara and coconut tarts with pecan toffeeOct 13, 2021
- 32 brilliant blueberry dessertsOct 12, 2021
- Beetroot, blackberry yoghurt popsiclesOct 12, 2021
- Spicy fruit mince pillowsOct 12, 2021