- 125 gram butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 cup (120g) ground almonds
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup (110g) raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoon apricot jam
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease oven trays; line with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter, extract, sugar and ground almonds in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy; beat in egg. Stir in sifted flour.
- 3Divide rind between both jams; mix well.
- 4Roll level tablespoons of biscuit mixture into balls; place about 5cm apart on oven trays, flatten slightly. Using end of a wooden spoon, press a flower shape (about 1cm deep) into dough; fill each hole with a little jam, using apricot jam for centres of flowers.
- 5Bake biscuits about 15 minutes; cool on trays.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic Christmas trifleToday 6:13am
- 10 sweet festive favouritesToday 4:00am
- How to make honeycomb from scratchToday 12:29am
- Apple pieToday 12:29am
- TiramisuYesterday 10:00pm
- Fresh apricot jamYesterday 8:00pm
- PikeletsYesterday 5:00pm
- Vegetarian pasta recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef stroganoffYesterday 1:00pm
- 34 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealYesterday 1:00pm
- Green saladYesterday 1:00pm
- 10 brilliant blinis to share with friendsYesterday 1:00pm
- Sticky date puddingYesterday 1:00pm
- Panettone tiramisuYesterday 1:00pm
- Potato bakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Breakfast recipes for Christmas morningYesterday 1:00pm