- 2 cup (300g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (40g) icing sugar, plus 1 tablespoon extra, for dusting
- 185 gram cold unsalted butter, coarsely chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon iced water
- 1/3 cup (110g) strawberry
- 1/3 cup (110g) black cherry jam
- 1/3 cup (110g) apricot jam
- 1/3 cup (110g) raspberry jam
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C.
- 2Process flour, icing sugar and butter until crumbly. With motor operating, add egg yolk and enough of the water to make ingredients come together. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead gently until smooth. Roll half the pastry between sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick. Repeat with remaining pastry. Place on trays and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 3Grease three 12-hole (1-tablespoon/20ml) shallow round-based patty pans.
- 4Using a 6cm round cutter, cut 18 rounds from each piece of pastry; re-roll pastry scraps as necessary. Press pastry rounds into pan holes. Prick pastry cases well with a fork. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 5Bake pastry cases about 5 minutes. Drop slightly rounded teaspoons of jam into pastry cases.
- 6Bake tarts about 10 minutes; cool. Dust with extra sifted icing sugar before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy chocolate browniesYesterday 1:00pm
- Quick-mix chewy choc-chip cookiesYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef rissoles and mashYesterday 1:00pm
- '90s Aussie kids' party foodFeb 25, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021