- 2 cup (300g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (40g) icing sugar, plus 1 tablespoon extra, for dusting
- 185 gram cold unsalted butter, coarsely chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon iced water
- 1/3 cup (110g) strawberry
- 1/3 cup (110g) black cherry jam
- 1/3 cup (110g) apricot jam
- 1/3 cup (110g) raspberry jam
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C.
- 2Process flour, icing sugar and butter until crumbly. With motor operating, add egg yolk and enough of the water to make ingredients come together. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead gently until smooth. Roll half the pastry between sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick. Repeat with remaining pastry. Place on trays and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 3Grease three 12-hole (1-tablespoon/20ml) shallow round-based patty pans.
- 4Using a 6cm round cutter, cut 18 rounds from each piece of pastry; re-roll pastry scraps as necessary. Press pastry rounds into pan holes. Prick pastry cases well with a fork. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 5Bake pastry cases about 5 minutes. Drop slightly rounded teaspoons of jam into pastry cases.
- 6Bake tarts about 10 minutes; cool. Dust with extra sifted icing sugar before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooked lamb shank pieToday 5:13am
- Caramel sliceYesterday 11:16pm
- Corn and kidney bean quesadillas with tomato salsaYesterday 1:00pm
- Slow-cooked lamb with white beansYesterday 1:00pm
- Linguine primavera & poached eggsYesterday 1:00pm
- Brown fried rice with carrot, cabbage and red onionYesterday 1:00pm
- Raspberry crumble almond tartYesterday 1:00pm
- Braised beef cheeks in red wineYesterday 1:00pm
- Turkish eggs (Shakshuka)Yesterday 1:00pm
- Carrot cake with lemon cream cheese frostingYesterday 1:00pm
- Barley, chicken and sesame slawYesterday 1:00pm
- Creamy mushroom and spinach gnocchiYesterday 1:00pm
- Fish and chipsYesterday 1:00pm
- Spinach and ricotta cannelloniYesterday 1:00pm
- Jam rollYesterday 1:00pm
- Cumin-spiced steak with white bean hummusYesterday 1:00pm