- 80 grams 80g butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (75g) raw caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup (110g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup (45g) rice flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- icing sugar, to serve
Quick plum jam
- 500 grams plums, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (55g) raw caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1Make quick plum jam: Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan with ¼ cup (60ml) water; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until a spoonful of the jam wrinkles when pushed with a finger on a chilled plate. Cool.
- 2Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced) Line three oven trays with baking paper.
- 3Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until pale; add egg, beat until just combined. Stir in sifted flours and cinnamon. Refrigerate dough for 20 minutes.
- 4Roll 1 1/2 teaspoons of the chilled dough into a ball; place on tray. Repeat with remaining dough. Press a deep indent into the centre of each ball; fill with the plum jam. Bake biscuits for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 5Dust with sifted icing sugar, if desired.
Jam drops will keep in an airtight container for up to two days. Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpYesterday 1:00pm
- Kung pao chickenYesterday 1:00pm
- Vegan dulce de lecheYesterday 1:00pm
- Tom yum soupYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- Basic omeletteFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Delicious savoury crepes and pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Easy recipe ideas using chicken thighsFeb 22, 2021
- Nasi lemakFeb 22, 2021
- Savoury buckwheat pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021
- Hollandaise sauceFeb 22, 2021