- 80 grams 80g butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (75g) raw caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup (110g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup (45g) rice flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- icing sugar, to serve
Quick plum jam
- 500 grams plums, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (55g) raw caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1Make quick plum jam: Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan with ¼ cup (60ml) water; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until a spoonful of the jam wrinkles when pushed with a finger on a chilled plate. Cool.
- 2Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced) Line three oven trays with baking paper.
- 3Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until pale; add egg, beat until just combined. Stir in sifted flours and cinnamon. Refrigerate dough for 20 minutes.
- 4Roll 1 1/2 teaspoons of the chilled dough into a ball; place on tray. Repeat with remaining dough. Press a deep indent into the centre of each ball; fill with the plum jam. Bake biscuits for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 5Dust with sifted icing sugar, if desired.
Jam drops will keep in an airtight container for up to two days. Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsToday 8:00pm
- Lamington popsToday 1:00pm
- Green minestrone with pestoYesterday 1:00pm
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Paper cup popsiclesYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasYesterday 1:00pm
- Grilled cajun fish burgers with hot coriander sauceYesterday 12:46am
- Pimm's punchJan 22, 2020
- Vegetable and ginger soba noodle saladJan 21, 2020
- Chilli con carneJan 21, 2020
- What's in season in January?Jan 20, 2020
- Chilli con capsicumJan 19, 2020
- Gai lan and mushroom five-spice stir-fryJan 19, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020