- 80 grams 80g butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (75g) raw caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup (110g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup (45g) rice flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- icing sugar, to serve
Quick plum jam
- 500 grams plums, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (55g) raw caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1Make quick plum jam: Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan with ¼ cup (60ml) water; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until a spoonful of the jam wrinkles when pushed with a finger on a chilled plate. Cool.
- 2Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced) Line three oven trays with baking paper.
- 3Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until pale; add egg, beat until just combined. Stir in sifted flours and cinnamon. Refrigerate dough for 20 minutes.
- 4Roll 1 1/2 teaspoons of the chilled dough into a ball; place on tray. Repeat with remaining dough. Press a deep indent into the centre of each ball; fill with the plum jam. Bake biscuits for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 5Dust with sifted icing sugar, if desired.
Jam drops will keep in an airtight container for up to two days. Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Red lentil and pumpkin wrapsToday 1:44am
- 30 quick and easy recipesYesterday 11:46pm
- Blackberry parfaitYesterday 12:43am
- Pork silverside roast with maple-roasted vegiesJul 21, 2019
- Quick & easy minestroneJul 19, 2019
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesJul 19, 2019
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019