- 1 large orange (300g) (see tips)
- 1/3 cup (50g) self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup (55g) wholemeal self-raising flour (see tips)
- 1/4 cup (30g) dutch-processed cocoa
- 1/4 cup (55g) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250ml) boiling water
- 300 grams (9½oz) no-added-sugar, low-fat vanilla ice-cream
- 1Preheat oven to 150°C/300°F. Lightly grease a 1 litre (4 cup) ovenproof dish.
- 2Finely grate orange as needed to get 1 tablespoon rind; shred remaining rind into long strips. Juice orange (you need 1 tablespoon juice).
- 3Sift flours and 1½ tablespoons of the cocoa into a large bowl. Add 1½ tablespoons of the sugar; stir to combine.
- 4Whisk milk, egg, orange juice and finely grated rind in a medium bowl. Add to flour mixture; fold until just combined.
- 5Spoon pudding mixture into dish. Place dish on an oven tray. Combine remaining cocoa and sugar in a small bowl; sprinkle over pudding. Carefully pour over the boiling water; bake for 25 minutes or until set.
- 6Sprinkle pudding with shredded orange rind and serve with ice cream.
You will need one large orange for this recipe - the larger the better to get the amount of rind needed.
If you don't have wholemeal self-raising flour, you can use all regular self-raising flour instead.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salted honeycombMay 24, 2019
- Chorizo and tomato omelette with chilli beansMay 23, 2019
- Croque monsieurMay 22, 2019
- Osso buco with gremolataMay 22, 2019
- Crisp-skin barramundi with mandarin salsaMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin marmaladeMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and chai soufflesMay 20, 2019
- Magical mandarin recipesMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and cardamom gluten-free muesliMay 19, 2019
- Mandarin and poppy seed friandsMay 19, 2019
- Jam dropsMay 15, 2019
- Cottage pieMay 15, 2019
- Slow cooker soup recipesMay 15, 2019
- Apple pieMay 14, 2019
- Cuban black bean soup in the slow cookerMay 14, 2019