- 3/4 cup (180ml) orange juice
- 2 tablespoon rum or brandy (optional)
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar
- 200 gram dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon strong black coffee
- 1/4 cup (60g) sour cream
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cup (330g) caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) plain flour
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 185 gram butter, melted, cooled
- grated rind and juice of 1 orange
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease and line base of a 23cm springform pan.
- 2Using an electric beater, beat egg yolks and sugar until pale and thick. Sift flour with baking powder and fold into egg mixture along with melted butter and orange rind and juice.
- 3Using an electric beater or whisk, beat eggwhites until soft peaks form. Fold into cake mixture.
- 4Spoon mixture into prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes then transfer to a wire rack and cool for 5 minutes, until cool enough to handle but still warm.
- 5Meanwhile, make Syrup by combining orange juice, rum or brandy and sugar in a jug. Stir briskly to dissolve sugar. Return cake to clean pan. Spoon syrup over warm cake and set aside to cool completely. Transfer to a serving plate.
- 6Make Chocolate Topping by placing chocolate and coffee in a heatproof bowl. Place over a pan of simmering water on low heat. Stir continuously until chocolate melts. Remove from heat and whisk in sour cream, until smooth and glossy. Cool for 5 minutes before spreading over cake.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Eggplant ma po tofuYesterday 1:20am
- Brilliant brownie recipesFeb 21, 2020
- Picnic food ideasFeb 21, 2020
- Healthy banana breadFeb 20, 2020
- Portuguese chickens with fig saladFeb 20, 2020
- Slow-cooked lamb shank pieFeb 20, 2020
- Caramel sliceFeb 19, 2020
- Barley, chicken and sesame slawFeb 19, 2020
- Linguine primavera & poached eggsFeb 19, 2020
- Fish and chipsFeb 19, 2020
- Spinach and ricotta cannelloniFeb 19, 2020
- Carrot cake with lemon cream cheese frostingFeb 19, 2020
- Turkish eggs (Shakshuka)Feb 19, 2020