- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion (80g), chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small carrot (70g), chopped finely
- 1 small red capsicum (150g), chopped finely
- 1 stalk celery (150g), trimmed, chopped finely
- 500 gram lean beef mince
- 1 tablespoon mild American-style mustard
- 1/2 cup (140g) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup (80ml) beef stock
- 6 small orange sweet potatoes (1.5kg)
- 1/3 cup (35g) pizza cheese
- 1/3 cup micro parsley
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; cook onion, garlic, carrot, capsicum and celery, stirring, for 5 minutes or until vegetables soften. Increase heat to high; add beef and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- 2Add mustard, sauce and stock to pan; cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens. Season to taste.
- 3Preheat grill.
- 4Scrub sweet potatoes; pierce all over with a fork. Wrap separately in plastic wrap; microwave on HIGH (100%) for 10 minutes or until tender. Cool for 5 minutes; remove and discard plastic wrap.
- 5For each sweet potato, cut a 2cm deep slit lengthways from one end to the other. Using a tea towel, gently squeeze the base of each sweet potato to open the top. Place on a foil-lined oven tray. Sprinkle sweet potatoes with cheese; place under the grill for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 6Top sweet potatoes with beef mixture and parsley; serve.
This recipe is an excellent way to use up leftover bolognese sauce or taco meat.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesJul 10, 2020
- Christmas in July recipesJul 10, 2020
- Sustainable chowderJul 09, 2020
- Sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Perfect puff pastry recipesJul 09, 2020
- Banana bread with passionfruit icingJul 09, 2020
- Delicious roast chicken dinnersJul 09, 2020
- Spaghetti marinaraJul 09, 2020
- Seafood chowderJul 09, 2020
- Cinnamon sugar palmiersJul 09, 2020
- Our best homemade sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Our best hummus recipesJul 09, 2020
- Cornflake cookiesJul 08, 2020
- Vegetarian moussakaJul 08, 2020