- 500 gram italian-style sausages
- 250 gram beef mince
- 1 (150g) brown onion, grated
- 1 (120g) carrot, grated
- 1 cup (60g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup (100g) semi-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- garden salad, to serve (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan forced. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Remove sausage meat from casings and discard casings. Place sausage meat, mince, onion, carrot, breadcrumbs, tomato and oregano in a large bowl. Using your hands, work the mixture very well until all combined. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 3Work with the pastry still a bit firm from the freezer, as it is easier to handle when partly frozen. Cut the pastry sheets in half lengthways. Divide sausage mixture into 6 portions and lay in a line along the length of each pastry half-sheet. Roll pastry over to enclose filling. Cut each roll in half. Place rolls, seam-side down, on prepared tray.
- 4Brush each roll with combined egg and water. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- 5Serve sausage rolls with a garden salad, if desired.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Sushi riceYesterday 2:00pm
- All the classic curry recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken, bacon and mushroom stewYesterday 2:00pm
- Basic butter cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect pork curry recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Curried pork rissolesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pancake recipesApr 12, 2021
- Carrot and lentil soup with coriander pestoApr 11, 2021
- Healthy banana breadApr 11, 2021
- Pumpkin soupApr 11, 2021
- Vegetarian chilli beansApr 11, 2021
- Rösti cottage pieApr 11, 2021
- Very vegetarian Mexican recipesApr 11, 2021
- Roast beefApr 11, 2021
- Spicy Mexican soup with chickenApr 11, 2021