- 1 cup (200g) dried white beans
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4-cutlet beef rib roast (1.7kg)
- 2 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 4 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 medium brown onion (150g), chopped coarsely
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 410 gram (13 ounces) canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) beef stock
- 1Place beans in a medium bowl, cover with cold water; stand overnight. Rinse under cold water; drain.
- 2Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a 6-litre (24-cup) pressure cooker; cook beef until browned all over. Remove from cooker.
- 3Combine 1 tablespoon of the oil with mustard, half the garlic, paprika and parsley in a small bowl; rub mixture all over beef.
- 4Heat remaining oil in cooker; cook onion, remaining garlic, chilli and half the basil, stirring, until onion softens. Add beans, tomatoes and stock; top with beef. Secure lid; bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure; cook 30 minutes.
- 5Release pressure using the quick release method (see below); remove lid. Remove beef, cover; stand 10 minutes. Stir remaining basil into bean mixture. Serve beef with beans.
If you have an electric pressure cooker you won't need to reduce the heat to stabilise pressure, your cooker will automatically stabilise itself. Always check the manufacturer's instructions before using. This is a large serving of meat. Cooking time is for medium to well-done beef. Cook more or less depending on how you like your beef. This recipe is not suitable to freeze. QUICK RELEASE METHOD Each time the lid is removed from the cooker, the pressure must be released quickly first. Use tongs (steam can burn your fingers) to turn the pressure valve on top of the cooker to open the valve and release the steam. We use this method when adding ingredients and when checking the food toward the end of cooking time.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021