- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch silverbeet, stalks and leaves finely chopped separately
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill
- 300 gram fresh ricotta
- 185 gram feta cheese
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mint
- zest of 1 lemon
- 12 sheets filo pastry
- 100 gram butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease 8 x 1-cup pie pans (12cm top, 8cm base, 3cm deep) and place on a baking tray.
- 2Heat oil in a large frying pan on high. Cook onion and silverbeet stems, stirring, for 5 minutes, until softened. Add silverbeet leaves, half of dill and 1 tablespoon water. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, until leaves have wilted.
- 3Transfer to a large bowl. Cool. Add ricotta, feta, parmesan, egg, mint, lemon zest and remaining dill. Stir to combine. Season.
- 4Stack 6 sheets of filo on a clean surface, brushing each sheet with a little melted butter. Repeat with remaining filo and a little more butter to create a second stack. Cut each stack into 6 equal squares, to make 12 squares total.
- 5Using 8 squares, line base and sides of prepared pans, allowing edges of filo to stand upright. Fill each with ½ cup silverbeet mixture, smoothing surface.
- 6Separate remaining 4 filo squares in half, to make 8 squares, 3 sheets thick. Lay over pie filling, folding edges together to enclose filling and create a decorative border. Brush filo with remaining butter. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
- 7Stand pies in pans for 10 minutes. Turn out and allow to cool slightly. Serve.
Wrap leftover pies in baking paper and plastic wrap, then freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in fridge overnight. To reheat, spray pastry with water. Place pies on a baking tray and bake in an oven preheated to 160°C or 140°C fan for 10 minutes, until heated through.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- 20 homemade muesli bars and snack barsToday 5:29am
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- Healthy quinoa saladsYesterday 1:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Healthy lunchbox recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Spaghetti bologneseYesterday 1:00pm
- Indian rice saladYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make basic sconesYesterday 1:00pm
- Chunky fig and vanilla jamYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 healthy food bowlsYesterday 1:00pm
- CevicheYesterday 1:00pm
- Grilled mushrooms with soft-boiled dukkah eggs and crisp kaleYesterday 1:00pm
- Pancake recipesJan 22, 2021