Individual fish pies
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) fish stock
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 black peppercorns
- 300 gram (9½ ounces) salmon fillets, cut into 3cm (1¼-inch) pieces
- 300 gram (9½ ounces) smoked cod fillets, cut into 3cm (1¼-inch) pieces
- 300 gram (9½ ounces) snapper fillets, cut into 3cm (1¼-inch) pieces
- 4 potatoes (1.2kg), chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 60 gram (2 ounces) butter
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2 tablespoon each coarsely chopped fresh chervil and chives
Individual fish pies
- 1Bring stock, the water, thyme, bay leaf and peppercorns to the boil in large saucepan. Add fish, reduce heat; simmer gently, uncovered, about 1 minute or until cooked through. Using a slotted spoon, remove fish from pan; divide fish among four 1½-cup (375ml) ovenproof dishes. Strain liquid through sieve into large heatproof jug. Discard solids; reserve stock.
- 2Boil, steam or microwave potato until tender; drain. Push potato through sieve into large bowl; add milk and half the butter, stir until smooth. Cover to keep warm.
- 3Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F.
- 4Melt remaining butter in medium saucepan, add flour; cook, stirring, until mixture bubbles and thickens slightly. Gradually stir in reserved stock; cook, stirring, until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in herbs; season.
- 5Divide sauce among dishes; cover each with potato mixture. Place dishes on oven tray.
- 6Bake pies 15 minutes or until browned lightly.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafToday 1:50am
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoyYesterday 2:00pm
- Stuffed capsicumYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced beef nachosYesterday 2:00pm
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaYesterday 2:00pm
- Curried sausagesYesterday 2:00pm
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced fish tacos with slaw and avocado creamYesterday 5:00am
- Rosé sangriaSep 23, 2020
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeSep 23, 2020
- Gluten-free treats and baked goodsSep 23, 2020
- Beef rissoles and mashSep 23, 2020
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingSep 23, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesSep 23, 2020
- Easy choc-chip biscuit recipesSep 23, 2020
- Barbecued salmon with salsa criollaSep 23, 2020