Indian chicken pilaf
- 750 gram chicken thigh fillets, quartered
- 200 millilitre natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoon curry paste (we used a madras paste)
- 2 tablespoon ghee or oil
- 3 onions, sliced
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ginger, julienned
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup basmati rice, soaked
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 pinch saffron, dissolved in 1/3 cup warm milk
- 1/3 cup roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoon chopped mint
Indian chicken pilaf
- 1Place chicken fillets in a bowl with the curry paste and yoghurt. Mix well. Set aside to marinate for 1 hour.
- 2Place ghee or oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan with a lid. Add onions and cook until golden. Remove. Add chicken (reserve marinade) and cook until browned. Remove and set aside.
- 3Return half the onions to the pan. Add garlic, ginger, chilli and cardamom pods. Stir for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and cook for a couple of minutes.
- 4Rinse rice and add to pot along with reserved marinade. Stir to coat. Pour in stock and bay leaves and return chicken to pan. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- 5Stir through herbs and serve garnished with cashew nuts. Serve with a dollop of yoghurt, if desired.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 12 easy Japanese dishesYesterday 11:00pm
- Roast lambYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheese delightsYesterday 2:00pm
- Cauliflower cream soup with mushroomsYesterday 2:00pm
- Healthy lunchbox recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Savoury apple sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesecake recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Corned beef silverside with parsley chat potatoesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our favourite family roastsYesterday 2:00pm
- Healthy and tasty low-fat recipesJul 30, 2020
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseJul 30, 2020
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toJul 30, 2020
- Lamb shanks massamanJul 29, 2020
- Healthy banana breadJul 29, 2020
- Sensational savoury piesJul 29, 2020