- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 2 cup milk
- 440 gram can crushed pineapple, drained
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 125 gram butter, melted
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- 2 tablespoon golden syrup
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ice-cream, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease a 24cm pie plate.
- 2Sift flour into a large bowl. Stir in sugar and coconut.
- 3In another bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients. Blend into dry ingredients until well combined.
- 4Pour mixture into prepared pie plate. Bake for 40-45 minutes until firm and golden. Serve warm, with ice-cream.
Don't worry that the mixture separates during cooking. It forms natural layers to give the impression of a pie crust.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- South-East Asian dinner recipesYesterday 11:51pm
- Peach galetteYesterday 2:00pm
- What food is in season in June?Yesterday 2:00pm
- Pineapple upside-down cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Ultimate slow cooker ideas for winterYesterday 2:00pm
- Impossible pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Pumpkin sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Custard tartYesterday 2:00pm
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Banana cake recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Vietnamese beef brisketMay 29, 2020
- Baked rice custardMay 29, 2020
- Easy guacamoleMay 28, 2020
- Boeuf bourguignonMay 28, 2020