Looking for more of your favourite biscuits?
- 60 gram butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 2/3 cup self-raising flour
- 100 gram packet pink marshmallows
- 30 gram butter
- 1/4 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam, warmed
- 1Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease and line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- 2In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in egg.
- 3Sift flours together and fold into creamed mixture. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead lightly until smooth. Wrap in plastic wrap, chill 15 minutes.
- 4Roll out dough between 2 sheets of baking paper until 4mm thick. Using a fluted pastry wheel. cut dough into 24 rectangles 4 x 5cm. Arrange on trays 3cm apart. Bake 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden. Cool on trays for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 5Meanwhile, to make topping; in a small saucepan combine marshmallows and butter. Stir over a low heat until melted and smooth. Mix in icing sugar. Spread coconut on flat plate. Working quickly, spread a little icing along both sides of biscuit, leaving centre strip bare. Dip in coconut, shaking off excess. Spread warmed jam down centre strip. Repeat with remaining biscuits. Allow to set.
Warm jam on high in microwave in 10 second bursts, stirring until easy to spread.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Double chocolate brownie cookiesJul 03, 2020
- Osso buco with gremolataJul 02, 2020
- Rocky roadJul 02, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJul 02, 2020
- Quince galetteJul 02, 2020
- Pear & ginger upside-down cakeJul 02, 2020
- Coffee & cardamon brisketJul 02, 2020
- Silverbeet and ricotta dumplingsJul 02, 2020
- Easy rissole recipesJul 02, 2020
- Lamb korma meatball curryJul 02, 2020
- Slow-cooker lamb cassouletJul 02, 2020
- 12 incredible ideas for scone toppingsJul 02, 2020
- Easy apple crumble recipes for dessertJul 01, 2020
- 18 sensational upside-down cakesJul 01, 2020
- 10 easy pancake recipesJul 01, 2020
- Fennel recipesJul 01, 2020