- 300 g purchased dark fruit cake or Christmas pudding, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons Frangelico liquer
- 2 litres (8 cups) good quality vanilla ice-cream, softened slightly
- White Ice magic, to decorate
- 16 mixed Ferrero Rondnoir, Rocher and Raffaello, to serve
- 1 cup (140g) hazelnuts
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Place nuts on oven tray; roast for 5-8 minutes or until browned. Place nuts in a tea towel; rub to remove skins. Chop nuts coarsely. Scatter nuts on a lightly oiled oven tray. Meanwhile, combine sugar and the water in a small saucepan; stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil; boil, without stirring, for 8 minutes or until golden. Pour toffee over nuts; cool. Chop into rough crumbs.
- 2Line a 13cm x 24cm loaf pan (2-litre/8-cup capacity) with two layers of baking paper, extending paper 5cm over sides.
- 3Combine cake and liqueur in a large bowl; stand until absorbed. Working quickly, add ice-cream and two-thirds of the Hazelnut Praline to bowl; stir until just combined. Spoon ice-cream mixture into pan; smooth top. Cover, freeze overnight or until firm.
- 4Just before serving, turn loaf out onto board or platter; remove paper. Drizzle with ice magic and decorate with chocolates and remaining praline. Serve immediately.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
Frangelico is a hazelnut liqueur; you can use your favourite liqueur or leave it out if you prefer.For a large Christmas pudding shape, line a 2-litre (8-cup) mould or bowl with two large pieces of plastic wrap, extending the plastic 10cm over side. Log can be made to the end of stepa 3, up to 2 weeks ahead.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021