- 300 g purchased dark fruit cake or Christmas pudding, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons Frangelico liquer
- 2 litres (8 cups) good quality vanilla ice-cream, softened slightly
- White Ice magic, to decorate
- 16 mixed Ferrero Rondnoir, Rocher and Raffaello, to serve
- 1 cup (140g) hazelnuts
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Place nuts on oven tray; roast for 5-8 minutes or until browned. Place nuts in a tea towel; rub to remove skins. Chop nuts coarsely. Scatter nuts on a lightly oiled oven tray. Meanwhile, combine sugar and the water in a small saucepan; stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil; boil, without stirring, for 8 minutes or until golden. Pour toffee over nuts; cool. Chop into rough crumbs.
- 2Line a 13cm x 24cm loaf pan (2-litre/8-cup capacity) with two layers of baking paper, extending paper 5cm over sides.
- 3Combine cake and liqueur in a large bowl; stand until absorbed. Working quickly, add ice-cream and two-thirds of the Hazelnut Praline to bowl; stir until just combined. Spoon ice-cream mixture into pan; smooth top. Cover, freeze overnight or until firm.
- 4Just before serving, turn loaf out onto board or platter; remove paper. Drizzle with ice magic and decorate with chocolates and remaining praline. Serve immediately.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
Frangelico is a hazelnut liqueur; you can use your favourite liqueur or leave it out if you prefer.For a large Christmas pudding shape, line a 2-litre (8-cup) mould or bowl with two large pieces of plastic wrap, extending the plastic 10cm over side. Log can be made to the end of stepa 3, up to 2 weeks ahead.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeAug 13, 2020
- Lemon sand cakeAug 13, 2020
- Chocolate stout cakeAug 13, 2020
- Fruit spirals with white chocolate sauceAug 13, 2020
- Coconut & lemon curd cakeAug 13, 2020
- Delicious desserts with an easy biscuit crustAug 13, 2020
- Cherry, almond & brown butter cakeAug 13, 2020
- Chocolate, hazelnut & pear scrollsAug 13, 2020
- Easy loaf cake recipes for morning teaAug 12, 2020
- Our best Asian-inspired vegetarian recipesAug 12, 2020
- RatatouilleAug 12, 2020
- Sugar-free recipesAug 11, 2020
- Easy cheesecake slicesAug 11, 2020
- 20 traditional Australian recipesAug 11, 2020
- Dark and dreamy chocolate cakeAug 11, 2020