- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cubed
- 2 brown onions, cut into chunks
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cup chicken stock
- 400 gram can diced tomatoes
- mashed potato, light sour cream, coriander sprigs, sugar snaps, crusty bread to serve
- 1In a large frying pan, heat oil on high. Fry chicken for 4-5 minutes, stirring, until browned all over. Transfer to a plate.
- 2In same pan, saute onion, capsicum and garlic for 3-4 minutes until onion is tender. Stir in paprika, flour and cayenne pepper. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- 3Gradually mix in stock and tomatoes. Return to heat. Bring to the boil, stirring on high. Reduce heat to low.
- 4Return chicken and juices to pan. Simmer for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked though and sauce has thickened. Season to taste.
- 5Serve chicken on a bed of mashed potato, topped with a dollop of sour cream, coriander and steamed greens of choice.
For really creamy mashed potato, add hot milk and melted butter.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 43 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertYesterday 5:51am
- Rhubarb and strawberry sponge puddingsJun 30, 2022
- 18 gorgeous green curriesJun 30, 2022
- What to make with your preserved lemonJun 30, 2022
- Nacho bowlsJun 30, 2022
- Preserved lemon, mint and raisin couscous saladJun 30, 2022
- Tomato-braised lamb shanks with creamy polentaJun 30, 2022
- What food is in season in July?Jun 30, 2022
- Choo-choo train birthday cakeJun 30, 2022
- Cheese and silverbeet borekJun 29, 2022
- Minestrone with barley and greensJun 29, 2022
- 42 perfect puddingsJun 29, 2022
- Tzatziki dipJun 29, 2022