- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup mashed banana
- 440 gram can crushed pineapple, drained
- toasted shaved coconut, to decorate
Cream cheese frosting
- 125 gram cream cheese, softened
- 20 gram butter, softened
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest
- 1 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 20cm round cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- 2Sift flour, cinnamon and soda together into a large bowl. Stir in coconut, pecans and sugar. Mix well.
- 3In a medium jug, whisk together oil and eggs. Blend into dry ingredients, stirring until smooth. Add banana and pineapple, stirring until well combined. Spoon into pan.
- 4Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until skewer comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 5To make frosting: in a bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and zest until light and fluffy. Slowly add icing sugar, until well combined. Spread icing over cake. Top with toasted coconut.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salted honeycombMay 24, 2019
- Chorizo and tomato omelette with chilli beansMay 23, 2019
- Croque monsieurMay 22, 2019
- Osso buco with gremolataMay 22, 2019
- Crisp-skin barramundi with mandarin salsaMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin marmaladeMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and chai soufflesMay 20, 2019
- Magical mandarin recipesMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and cardamom gluten-free muesliMay 19, 2019
- Mandarin and poppy seed friandsMay 19, 2019
- Jam dropsMay 15, 2019
- Cottage pieMay 15, 2019
- Slow cooker soup recipesMay 15, 2019
- Apple pieMay 14, 2019
- Cuban black bean soup in the slow cookerMay 14, 2019