- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup mashed banana
- 440 gram can crushed pineapple, drained
- toasted shaved coconut, to decorate
Cream cheese frosting
- 125 gram cream cheese, softened
- 20 gram butter, softened
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest
- 1 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 20cm round cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- 2Sift flour, cinnamon and soda together into a large bowl. Stir in coconut, pecans and sugar. Mix well.
- 3In a medium jug, whisk together oil and eggs. Blend into dry ingredients, stirring until smooth. Add banana and pineapple, stirring until well combined. Spoon into pan.
- 4Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until skewer comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 5To make frosting: in a bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and zest until light and fluffy. Slowly add icing sugar, until well combined. Spread icing over cake. Top with toasted coconut.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019
- Lamington popsMar 06, 2019
- Can you eat meat on Ash Wednesday?Mar 05, 2019
- Whole cauliflower with creme fraiche dressingMar 04, 2019
- Subscribe to Women's Weekly FOODMar 02, 2019
- Tomato cheesecakes with green olivesFeb 28, 2019
- Prawn and vegetable japanese hash brownsFeb 28, 2019
- Kale pizza with smoked salmon and avocadoFeb 28, 2019