- 200 gram dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chilli oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 400 gram hot-smoked trout fillets
- 2 trimmed celery stalks (200g), sliced thinly
- 2 lebanese cucumbers (300g), seeded, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup (75g) toasted shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh thai basil
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1Place noodles in large heatproof bowl of boiling water, stand until just tender; drain. Rinse under cold water; drain.
- 2Meanwhile, to make dressing, place lime juice, oils, fish sauce and garlic in screw-top jar; shake well.
- 3Discard skin and bones from fish. Flake fish into large pieces in large bowl; add noodles, celery, cucumber, nuts and herbs.
- 4Pour dressing over salad; toss gently to combine.
We used two hot-smoked ocean trout portions, weighing approximately 200g each, that were spiced with a blackening mixture of mountain pepper, native pepperberry, aniseed myrtle, salt and other flavourings before being "cooked" in hot smoking ovens. You can also use ordinary cold-smoked trout if hot-smoked trout is unavailable.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 20 homemade muesli bars and snack barsToday 5:29am
- Nectarine and almond tarte tatinToday 2:23am
- 25 pasta recipesToday 1:08am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastToday 12:23am
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- Slow-cooker mushroom risottoYesterday 1:00pm
- Healthy quinoa saladsYesterday 1:00pm
- 17 sensational seafood stews and casserolesYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 healthy snacks to get you through the dayYesterday 1:00pm
- Beer-battered fish and chipsYesterday 1:00pm
- 23 fish cakes recipes for easy dinnersYesterday 1:00pm
- 36 vegan dinners for the familyYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingYesterday 1:00pm
- Baked caramel cheesecakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 1:00pm