Crunchy cabbage and sweet, creamy sauces are the perfect complement to a grilled hot dog.
- ¼ cup (70g) tomato sauce
- ¼ cup (70g) barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 8 thick pork sausages (960g)
- ¼ small red cabbage (300g), shredded finely
- ¼ small green cabbage (300g), shredded finely
- 2 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- 1 small carrot (70g), cut into long thin matchsticks
- ¾ cup (225g) mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 long bread rolls (400g)
- flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- 1Combine sauces in a small bowl. Split sausages lengthways without cutting all the way through; open out flat. Brush sausages with half the sauce mixture. Cook sausages, cut-side down, on a heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Turn, brush with remaining sauce mixture; cook for a further 3 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate; cover to keep warm.
- 2Meanwhile, combine cabbages, onion and carrot in a large bowl; season to taste.
- 3Combine mayonnaise, mustard and juice in a small bowl.
- 4Split rolls in half; toast until browned lightly.
- 5Divide mayonnaise, sausages, slaw and parsley between rolls.
Use a mandoline or V-slicer to shred the cabbage and cut the carrot into matchsticks.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021