If you just can't get enough scones we have a full collection of sweet and savoury scones for you to try.
Hot cross bun scones
- 1 cup (160g) dried currants
- 2 tablespoon dark rum
- 3 1/2 cup (525g) self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (250ml) lemonade
- 1 cup (250ml) pouring cream, plus extra for brushing
- 1/2 cup (80g) icing sugar
- 3 teaspoon lemon juice
Hot cross bun scones
- 1Combine currants and rum in a medium bowl. Cover and stand 2 hours.
- 2Preheat oven to 220°. Grease a 20cm x 30cm rectangular pan.
- 3Sift flour and spices into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add lemonade, cream and currant mixture. Use a knife to "cut" the lemonade, cream and currants through the flour mixture, mixing to a soft, sticky dough. Knead dough gently on a floured surface until smooth.
- 4Press dough out to 2.5cm thickness. Dip a 4cm round cutter in flour and cut as many rounds as you can from dough. Place rounds, side-by-side, just touching, in pan. Gently knead scraps of dough together and repeat process for more rounds. Brush tops with a little extra cream.
- 5Bake scones about 20 minutes or until browned lightly and scones sound hollow when tapped.
- 6In a small bowl, combine sifted icing sugar and juice. Spoon icing into a small piping bag fitted with a 5mm plain tube. Pipe a cross onto each scone.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Our best Italian recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- 29 American-style diner recipes for weekend entertainingYesterday 6:23am
- Cinnamon doughnutsYesterday 4:17am
- Chicken cacciatoreYesterday 3:00am
- Chilli jamYesterday 2:14am
- Garlic breadYesterday 1:00am
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allYesterday 12:51am
- Chocolate cupcake thickshakeYesterday 12:39am
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJan 18, 2022
- Quinoa zucchini haloumi burgersJan 18, 2022
- Chocolate fudge browniesJan 18, 2022
- Chocolate hazelnut sliceJan 18, 2022
- BaklavaJan 18, 2022
- Baker's dozen homemade croissantsJan 18, 2022
- Cauliflower mac 'n' cheeseJan 18, 2022