If you just can't get enough scones we have a full collection of sweet and savoury scones for you to try.
Hot cross bun scones
- 1 cup (160g) dried currants
- 2 tablespoon dark rum
- 3 1/2 cup (525g) self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (250ml) lemonade
- 1 cup (250ml) pouring cream, plus extra for brushing
- 1/2 cup (80g) icing sugar
- 3 teaspoon lemon juice
Hot cross bun scones
- 1Combine currants and rum in a medium bowl. Cover and stand 2 hours.
- 2Preheat oven to 220°. Grease a 20cm x 30cm rectangular pan.
- 3Sift flour and spices into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add lemonade, cream and currant mixture. Use a knife to "cut" the lemonade, cream and currants through the flour mixture, mixing to a soft, sticky dough. Knead dough gently on a floured surface until smooth.
- 4Press dough out to 2.5cm thickness. Dip a 4cm round cutter in flour and cut as many rounds as you can from dough. Place rounds, side-by-side, just touching, in pan. Gently knead scraps of dough together and repeat process for more rounds. Brush tops with a little extra cream.
- 5Bake scones about 20 minutes or until browned lightly and scones sound hollow when tapped.
- 6In a small bowl, combine sifted icing sugar and juice. Spoon icing into a small piping bag fitted with a 5mm plain tube. Pipe a cross onto each scone.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 25 pasta recipesToday 2:08am
- Slow-cooker butter chickenYesterday 5:00pm
- Chocolate crackle sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- 18 vegetarian stews and casserolesYesterday 2:00pm
- Butter chicken puff pastry hand piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy recipes to bake with your little onesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemonade sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- Caprese saladJul 01, 2022
- 43 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertJul 01, 2022
- What food is in season in July?Jun 30, 2022
- Preserved lemon, mint and raisin couscous saladJun 30, 2022
- Nacho bowlsJun 30, 2022
- Rhubarb and strawberry sponge puddingsJun 30, 2022
- Tomato-braised lamb shanks with creamy polentaJun 30, 2022
- 18 gorgeous green curriesJun 30, 2022