- 3 cup (750 millilitres) water
- 4 fresh kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 40 gram fresh ginger, thickly sliced
- 1 fresh small red thai chilli, thinly sliced
- 100 gram dried rice noodles
- 4 green king prawns
- 100 gram chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 100 gram snow peas, shredded
- 350 gram baby choy sum, trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (40 grams) bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint
- 1/4 cup loosely packed thai basil leaves
- 1In a medium saucepan, combine the water, lime leaves, ginger and half the chilli over high heat; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes; discard leaves and ginger.
- 2Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan of boiling water, cook noodles according to packet directions; drain.
- 3Shell and devein prawns leaving tails intact. Add prawns and chicken to broth; simmer 3 minutes or until chicken and prawns are cooked. Stir in lime juice.
- 4Divide noodles, snow peas and choy sum between two serving bowls; ladle over broth mixture. Top with sprouts, herbs and remaining chilli.
Make sure the broth is piping hot so it will slightly cook the choy sum and snow peas. If you can't find baby choy sum, use ½ bunch of normal choy sum or another asian green. Kaffir lime leaves are sold in small packets. Freeze the remaining leaves they lose a bit of colour but keep all their flavour. You can use a packaged salt-reduced chicken stock instead of the water, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeYesterday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesMay 06, 2021
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesMay 06, 2021
- What food is in season in May?May 06, 2021
- Baked cauliflowerMay 06, 2021
- Thai beef saladMay 06, 2021
- Perfect panna cotta recipesMay 06, 2021
- Sensational sweet tartsMay 06, 2021
- Apple turnoversMay 06, 2021
- Lemon meringue pieMay 06, 2021
- Fruit mince sliceMay 06, 2021
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021