- 125 gram butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 cup honey, warmed
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/4 cup pure icing sugar, sifted
- 20 gram butter, melted
- few drops pink food colouring
- 1Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease and line 4 oven trays with baking paper.
- 2In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Add egg yolk, beating well to combine.
- 3Sift flour and soda together. Fold into creamed mixture with honey, mixing well. Cover and chill, 30 minutes.
- 4Knead mixture gently on a lightly floured surface. Roll out between 2 sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick.
- 5Using a 4.5cm cutter, cut rounds from dough. Arrange on prepared trays. Bake, 10-12 minutes, until firm to touch. Allow to cool on trays.
- 6Meanwhile, prepare filling by beating egg white with a wooden spoon until frothy. Add icing sugar one spoonful at a time, beating well after each addition. Add butter, stirring until combined. Spoon half the icing into a small bowl and add a few drops of pink colouring. Mix well.
- 7Make sandwiches with the biscuits, with the icing in the middle, half the biscuits with pink icing and half with plain white. Set aside until filling is firm.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cheese and silverbeet borekYesterday 2:00pm
- 42 perfect puddingsYesterday 2:00pm
- 39 amazing avocado recipes that are more than just guac or smashYesterday 12:59am
- 35 very vegetarian pumpkin recipesJun 28, 2022
- 44 perfect pumpkin recipesJun 28, 2022
- 41 creative ideas with cabbageJun 28, 2022
- 26 easy chicken pasta recipesJun 28, 2022
- Chicken and fennel tray bakeJun 28, 2022
- Soft polentaJun 28, 2022
- Shaved cabbage with pecorino balsamicJun 28, 2022
- Princess-themed birthday cakesJun 28, 2022
- Over-the-top chocolate and macadamia browniesJun 27, 2022