- 4 (1kg) persimmons, each cut into 6 wedges
- 1 lime, sliced thinly
- 4 centimetre (1½-inch) piece (20g) fresh ginger , sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 200 gram (6½ ounces) passionfruit frozen yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lime rind strips
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Cut four 35cm (14-inch) pieces of baking paper.
- 2Place pieces of paper lengthways in front of you then divide persimmon wedges among baking paper, placing them crossways in the centre. Top with lime slices and ginger, drizzle with honey. Bring short edges of paper together, fold over several times to secure, then tuck sides under to form a parcel. Place parcels on two oven trays.
- 3Bake parcels for 15 minutes or until persimmon is soft. Serve opened parcels topped with spoonfuls of frozen yoghurt and lime rind.
You can use either astringent or non-astringent persimmons in this recipe. If you use the astringent variety, it is best to scrape away the flesh from the skin when eating. Use a zester to make the lime rind strips. If you don't have one, finely grate the rind instead. There are two types of persimmons available in autumn: astringent and non-astringent. The first, is heart shaped and is eaten very ripe, otherwise the taste is very astringent. The other, which is sometimes sold as fuji fruit (fuji being the Japanese word for persimmon) is squat and eaten crisp.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate chip cookiesToday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato and leek soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Miso noodle hotpotYesterday 2:00pm
- Mini chicken and leek piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyYesterday 4:02am
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- 31 perfect pot pies for easy dinnersJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021