- 4 (1kg) persimmons, each cut into 6 wedges
- 1 lime, sliced thinly
- 4 centimetre (1½-inch) piece (20g) fresh ginger , sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 200 gram (6½ ounces) passionfruit frozen yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lime rind strips
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Cut four 35cm (14-inch) pieces of baking paper.
- 2Place pieces of paper lengthways in front of you then divide persimmon wedges among baking paper, placing them crossways in the centre. Top with lime slices and ginger, drizzle with honey. Bring short edges of paper together, fold over several times to secure, then tuck sides under to form a parcel. Place parcels on two oven trays.
- 3Bake parcels for 15 minutes or until persimmon is soft. Serve opened parcels topped with spoonfuls of frozen yoghurt and lime rind.
You can use either astringent or non-astringent persimmons in this recipe. If you use the astringent variety, it is best to scrape away the flesh from the skin when eating. Use a zester to make the lime rind strips. If you don't have one, finely grate the rind instead. There are two types of persimmons available in autumn: astringent and non-astringent. The first, is heart shaped and is eaten very ripe, otherwise the taste is very astringent. The other, which is sometimes sold as fuji fruit (fuji being the Japanese word for persimmon) is squat and eaten crisp.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Strawberry and almond friand sliceYesterday 9:00pm
- Crisp-skin barramundi with mandarin salsaYesterday 6:51am
- Mandarin marmaladeYesterday 6:41am
- Chocolate caramel semifreddo with honeycomb and mandarinYesterday 5:51am
- Mandarin and chai soufflesYesterday 5:13am
- Magical mandarin recipesYesterday 4:37am
- Mandarin and cardamom gluten-free muesliMay 19, 2019
- Mandarin and poppy seed friandsMay 19, 2019
- Jam dropsMay 15, 2019
- Cottage pieMay 15, 2019
- Slow cooker soup recipesMay 15, 2019
- Apple pieMay 14, 2019
- Cuban black bean soup in the slow cookerMay 14, 2019
- Slow cooker vegetable minestroneMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker ribollitaMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker borschtMay 14, 2019