- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 quality beef or pork sausages
- 1 onion, halved, sliced
- 1 fresh pear, cored, sliced
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the sausages for 4-5 minutes over a low to medium heat until browned. Add the onions and pear, then cook for a further 2 minutes – drain off any excess oil.
- 2Combine the tomato sauce, cornflour, Worcestershire sauce, spices and brown sugar with 2 cups of water, then whisk to mix well.
- 3Add the raisins, then pour the sauce mix into the pan and mix well. Cover and simmer gently for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sausages are cooked and the sauce thickens.
- 4Serve the sausages over couscous and garnish with fresh thyme. Add seasonal greens.
Don't be afraid to serve sausages at a dinner party – just be sure to use gourmet or your butcher's best sausages. Serve your sausages with something creamy like mash or pasta.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apricot bliss ballsDec 07, 2021
- Cute canapes to start your dinner partyDec 07, 2021
- Perfect Christmas finger food recipesDec 07, 2021
- 31 tasty ways to use your leftover Christmas hamDec 07, 2021
- Chicken and lemon risottoDec 07, 2021
- Rice-cooker bibimbapDec 07, 2021
- 10 recipes to make your Christmas stress-freeDec 06, 2021
- Our best shepherd's pieDec 06, 2021
- Nougat semifreddo in white chcocolate conesDec 06, 2021
- Yum-yum dan dan noodlesDec 06, 2021
- Stained glass biscottiDec 06, 2021
- 13 outstanding Christmas dessertsDec 06, 2021
- 19 turkey recipes for the festive seasonDec 06, 2021