Herby pork schnitzels
- 600 gram pork medallions, flattened slightly
- 1/2 cup seasoned flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- oil for shallow frying
- 1 zucchini, peeled into ribbons
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- mashed potato, extra fried sage leaves, to serve
Mushroom, sage and wine sauce
- 60 gram butter, chopped
- 400 gram swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 300 millilitre tub thickened cream
- 1/4 cup sage, plus extra fried
Herby pork schnitzels with mushroom, sage and wine sauce
- 1Dust pork in flour, shaking off excess. Dip into egg, then press into combined panko, parmesan, chives and thyme to coat. Place on a tray. Chill for 10 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, to make the sauce; in a large frying pan, melt butter on high. Saute mushrooms and garlic for 4-5 minutes until golden. Pour in sherry and cook for 1 minute. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Gradually whisk in cream and sage until smooth. Return to heat and cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens slightly. Simmer for 3 minutes. Season to taste.
- 3In a large frying pan, heat oil on high. Cook schnitzels in 2 batches for 3-4 minutes each until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel. Keep warm.
- 4Toss zucchini and pine nuts through sauce. Serve schnitzels with mashed potato and drizzled with mushroom, sage and wine sauce. Scatter with fried sage.
Fry sage leaves for a few seconds in a little hot oil. Drain on paper towel.