- 600 gram boneless white fish fillets
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (70g) stale breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- vegetable oil, to shallow-fry
- dill sprigs and lemon wedges, to serve
- 1Toss fish in flour seasoned with salt and pepper, shake away excess. Lightly beat egg with 1tbsp water in a shallow dish. Combine breadcrumbs, herbs and rind in another shallow dish.
- 2Dip fish into egg wash then into breadcrumbs.
- 3Pour enough oil into a deep frying pan to come 2cm up the sides. Heat over medium-high heat until a piece of breadcrumb sizzles immediately when immersed in oil. Shallow-fry fish until browned on both sides and just cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper.
- 4Serve fish with steamed chat potatoes and greens, dill, lemon wedges and tartare sauce, if desired.
Any firm-fleshed white fish is suitable for this recipe. Cooking time will depend on how large and how thick the fish is. To make tartare sauce, combine good quality mayonnaise with a little finely chopped capers, cornichons (baby gherkins), red onion and herbs you enjoy, such as dill or parsley, to taste.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooker massaman beef curryToday 6:00am
- Homemade mint sauceToday 2:00am
- Eggplant parmigianaYesterday 2:00pm
- Delicious stir-friesYesterday 2:00pm
- Low calorie recipes for the 5:2 Fasting DietYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast loin of porkYesterday 2:00pm
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceYesterday 2:00pm
- Adorable mini cheesecakesYesterday 2:00pm
- 14 filling ideas for cannelloniYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 sensational schnitzelsYesterday 2:00pm
- How to make the perfect roast lambYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy combination fried riceSep 18, 2020
- Lemon dessert recipesSep 18, 2020
- Luscious lemon cakeSep 18, 2020
- Vegetarian quiche recipesSep 18, 2020