- 150 gram gluten-free coconut-flavoured biscuits, crushed
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 200 gram dark eating chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 100 gram butter, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 150 gram dark chocolate melts
- 50 gram butter, chopped
- 1Grease a 26cm x 16cm (base measurement) slice pan and line with baking paper, extending paper at long sides. Combine biscuit, almonds and apricots in a large bowl.
- 2Place chocolate and butter in a medium heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don't let base of bowl touch the water). Stir for 4 minutes or until melted and combined. Remove bowl from heat; cool slightly. Stir in egg.
- 3Stir chocolate mixture into biscuit mixture. Press mixture evenly into prepared pan. Cover with plastic food wrap; chill for 30 minutes.
- 4Make chocolate icing: Place ingredients in a small heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don't let base of bowl touch water). Stir for 5 minutes or until smooth. If using a microwave, place ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on High (100%) in 30-second bursts, stirring, until melted and smooth.
- 5Spread icing over slice. Chill for 1 hour or until set. Lift slice from pan; cut into 16 rectangles.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 13 delicious chicken drumstick ideasAug 08, 2022
- Super-simple chicken parmigianaAug 08, 2022
- Veal braciole with rice and peasAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022
- Beef mince and rice burritosAug 08, 2022
- Creative ways with celeriacAug 07, 2022
- Beef and lentil curryAug 07, 2022
- Gluten-free peanut butter cookiesAug 07, 2022
- Apple streusel sliceAug 07, 2022
- 22 cost effective meals using mince and riceAug 07, 2022
- Lemon deliciousAug 07, 2022
- Salsa verdeAug 06, 2022
- Potatoes with lemon and tomatoAug 05, 2022
- Popcorn butterscotch squaresAug 05, 2022