- 150 gram gluten-free coconut-flavoured biscuits, crushed
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 200 gram dark eating chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 100 gram butter, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 150 gram dark chocolate melts
- 50 gram butter, chopped
- 1Grease a 26cm x 16cm (base measurement) slice pan and line with baking paper, extending paper at long sides. Combine biscuit, almonds and apricots in a large bowl.
- 2Place chocolate and butter in a medium heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don't let base of bowl touch the water). Stir for 4 minutes or until melted and combined. Remove bowl from heat; cool slightly. Stir in egg.
- 3Stir chocolate mixture into biscuit mixture. Press mixture evenly into prepared pan. Cover with plastic food wrap; chill for 30 minutes.
- 4Make chocolate icing: Place ingredients in a small heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don't let base of bowl touch water). Stir for 5 minutes or until smooth. If using a microwave, place ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on High (100%) in 30-second bursts, stirring, until melted and smooth.
- 5Spread icing over slice. Chill for 1 hour or until set. Lift slice from pan; cut into 16 rectangles.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- The basic crepe recipe every cook needsNov 25, 2021
- Fresh apricot jamNov 25, 2021
- Honey and orange glazed hamNov 25, 2021
- 35 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealNov 25, 2021
- Passionfruit yoghurt cupcakesNov 25, 2021
- Bear clawsNov 25, 2021
- Five ingredient beef tacosNov 25, 2021
- Fruit mince swirl piesNov 25, 2021
- 20 beautiful biscotti recipesNov 25, 2021
- Passionfruit and lemon butterNov 25, 2021
- Tandoori chicken with cucumber saladNov 25, 2021
- SkordaliaNov 25, 2021
- Seafood chowderNov 25, 2021
- Pistachio and cranberry biscottiNov 25, 2021
- How to make pork laksa with five ingredientsNov 25, 2021